Please follow us on Facebook for most important breaking news in the miles and points world!
1) In a move literally no one saw coming, both Amex and Chase have reached an agreement with Marriott. Here is a summary of the news, sent to me by Amex rep:
- Expanded Card Portfolio: As part of this agreement, we will be working closely with Marriott to offer a new consumer premium Card and enhanced small business Card, two areas where Amex has deep expertise and a proven track record.
- American Express has defined the premium card category for the past 3 decades and in the last year shared that we would continue to invest in the premium customer base. The new Marriott premium Card is the latest demonstration of that commitment.
- SPG Card Members: Consumer card Members who have the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card can continue to use their Cards as usual.
- Continued Cobrand Business Momentum: Amex’s relationship with Marriott goes back more than 60 years, and the expanded co-brand partnership is the latest cobrand win for the business following the recent relationship expansions with Hilton and Delta.
Short version: SPG cards are staying, expect new Marriott co-branded Amex cards in 2018. Overall, this is good news for consumers. Hopefully, I can help myself to some Marriott points in a near future. Chase Marriott card is off-limits to me due to 5/24 rule. Amex, I’m counting on you!
2) Let’s review all our credit card airline credits before year’s end by DoC. Not much time left, so make sure you take advantage of whatever you are entitled to.
3) Hotel promotions update for December 2017 by LoyaltyLobby.
4) You can redeem Mileage Plan miles on discounted award travel on Alaska Airlines during January and February. See details on Travel Codex Looks like some routes cost only 5,000 miles and flights to Hawaii run at 12,500 miles one-way.
5) There is once again a working link (with landing page) for 45k points offer on Wyndham Visa Signature card. Application link (pays no commission). The $75 annual fee is NOT waived. This is a pretty good deal, however, I think 60k Jet Blue offer is much better. I would prioritize that card over Wyndham. You can try applying for both on the same day, but it’s unlikely that the second app will be approved. The 45k Wyndham offer comes and goes, so I expect it to be back at some point. (hat tip Reddit)
6) Spend $20 or more at eBags.com and get 2,000 UR points with certain Chase cards. The promo doesn’t appear to be targeted.
You have till the end of December to make your purchase. Definitely a good deal and I recommend you take advantage of it. I went ahead and bought a set of packing cubes for $21.
Reportedly, gift cards work, but I can’t vouch for it. If you have a ShopRunner benefit, your shipping will be free. I made my purchase through ActiveJunky shopping portal because it offered the highest payout (18% cash back). If you use my referral link, you will get $10 bonus on your first purchase of $25 or more. Thanks in advance! (hat tip Dansdeals)
7) New IHG Accelerate promo (for stays between January 1st and April 30th) has been announced. Register here My offer is decent, but I think I’m going to skip it. Right now I don’t want to invest real money in hotel points due to all the expenses we have coming up in a near future.
Regardless, I recommend you see what your offer is and go from there. If you are a new reader, I suggest you check out these two posts on things to be aware of if you decide to participate:
(hat tip OMAAT)
8) The great paradox of my travel aspirations by Points Adventure blog. This is a thought-provoking article which I recommend you read. My philosophy is very similar to that of the author.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, like us on Facebook and download free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.