This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) As I’ve mentioned yesterday, the offer on Hilton Honors Surpass from American Express has been increased to 100k points+free weekend night upon renewal. This is the richest bonus ever on this particular product, but whether you should apply or not will depend on your goals.
The offer on no-fee Hilton Honors card has been increased to 75k points, but it was as high as 80k points in the past. So, you may want to hold off on that one unless you have specific plans for Hilton points. Read more details on both cards here You have till 10/4/17 to apply.
2) Just a reminder that 40% bonus on transfers from Membership Rewards to Avios will end on 9/17/17. This is a pretty good opportunity to stock up on Avios, but it’s not without risks. For one, sAAver availability on American is extremely poor these days, and that’s the only kind bookable with Avios.
That said, using Avios points is still a great deal under certain circumstances. Recently, I was able to book Melbourne-Sydney flights for 4,500 Avios per person, so that’s a definite “sweet spot” in the program. Be aware, 4,500 Avios pricing is NOT valid on routes that originate or end in USA.
4) You may be able to get a 100k points offer on Chase IHG co-branded card by calling. YMMV, but it’s worth a shot. This is one of my favorite cards and one I keep renewing year after year. See all the details on Doctorofcredit
5) A new promo from AAdvantage program:
This deal is obviously worthwhile if you were planning on transferring SPG points to AAdvantage anyway. I probably wouldn’t do it speculatively due to lack of sAAver availability, but those who live near AA hub may want to consider it. You should also look into Marriott travel package instead, which is a better deal under most circumstances. See my post How regular families can benefit from Marriott/SPG merger for more details.
6) A reminder that new IHG Accelerate promo is up and you can register for it here The stay has to take place between September 1st and December 3rd. Depending on the offer, it could make sense to switch your stays to IHG for that time period.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, like us on Facebook and download free e-book.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.