This is a quick post to give you heads up on the upcoming IHG award sale. It’s valid for stays May 1st-June 30th, and you have to book your reservation between April 30th (tomorrow) and May 7th. The corresponding IHG page is not live yet, but you can see the full list of participating properties in this LoyaltyLobby post. Update: you can now book it via this link
Here are a few standouts:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino (17,500 points per night with this sale)
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas ( 20,000 points per night). It’s an all-inclusive resort and kids 12 and under stay and eat free. Be aware, the reviews of this resort are mixed.
- Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa All-Inclusive (25,000 points) Kids 12 and under stay and eat free.
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All–Inclusive (17,500 points) Kids 12 and under stay and eat free.
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort (15,000 points)
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa (20,000 points)
Obviously, this sale is valid during off-season in this part of the world, so cash rates are also discounted. Still, this could be a cheap way to try out an all-inclusive without breaking the bank. Surprisingly, the all-inclusive property in Jamaica is not on the current list. June is a rainy season in the Caribbean, but hurricanes shouldn’t be an issue yet. Aruba has the same weather all year round.
IHG Accelerate promo
This new promo is valid for stays May 15th-August 31st, and you can register here The only one in the family who got a decent offer was my husband:
So, basically, by staying at two Holiday Inn Express properties, he can earn 33,000 IHG points. Not amazing, but it’s OK. I’ll probably pass on this deal, though. The only reason I would consider this promo is if we already had existing plans. But do check your personalized offer because some people apparently got a pretty sweet deal.
If you are a new reader, I suggest you check out these two posts on things to be aware of if you decide to participate:
Readers, anyone got a hot offer?
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.