This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Through June 15th, you can convert your points from most hotel partners to AAdvantage and get a 25% bonus. Obviously, the two that make the most sense are SPG and Marriott. You’ll already get 25% bonus when you transfer 20,000 SPG points to AAdvantage so this will give you an additional 5,000 miles. Should you do it speculatively? I probably wouldn’t, unless I lived near AA hub and had flexibility when it comes to travel schedule. Remember, AA saver availability is atrocious these days.
It could also make sense to transfer from Marriott if you are redeeming points on a travel package. Here is the chart for American Airlines:
You would be getting 25% more miles than the amount shown here if you choose to take advantage of this promotion.
2) Last week of Daily Getaways is upon us (thank goodness). Here are the deals:
Yawn to the Monday deal. Hertz promo can be worthwhile for some, especially if you need a one-way rental or are looking to get an SUV. Keep in mind, you will be getting points packages. Don’t get too excited, this deal is extremely popular, and there are very few packages available.
Ditto to Hyatt promo on Wednesday. Once again, you’ll be getting points, not nights. These will sell out instantly, so don’t get your hopes up. The first one (2 nights for $260) will have 120 sets of packages available, so you may get lucky there. You’ll be buying 24,000 Hyatt points for $260.
It’s a good deal, but I wouldn’t call it spectacular. Even if you redeem the points at a category 1 hotel, that’s still an equivalent of paying $54 per night. Don’t me wrong, it’s an excellent price for Hyatt Place with breakfast. But I wouldn’t go gaga over it.
3) New (better) offer on Alaska Airlines co-branded credit card. You can now get a free companion certificate rather than $99 one. See this post on DoC for instructions on how to get this offer to come up.
4) If you are willing to jump through some hoops, this Northpointe 5% checking account promo is certainly worth a look. You can never have too much cash.
5) Transfer bonus from Amex MR program to Jet Blue:
6) This is a reminder that you have Less than three months to maximize Citi Prestige benefits by TPG. Last year I wrote a post on Citi Prestige and reasons why you may want to consider it. The official bonus is currently down to 40K points, though some have been able to pull up a 50K points offer in incognito mode (I couldn’t).
Hopefully, most of my readers already got this card and were able to take advantage of all the perks. I think the card is still worth it for the sign-up bonus, though there are better offers available.
8) Earn 20K points per referral with your Chase Ink card by MtM. Time to start reaching out to long-lost relatives if you happen to have this product!
9) Which Hawaiian island is best for a family vacation? by TravelingMom. An interesting perspective, check it out.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and download free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.