1) Last call on increased offer on Amex SPG card, which expires tomorrow. See my post for full analysis.
2) The increased offer of 75K points on Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card is set to expire this Friday. It is definitely a good deal for some, see my post for more on this topic.
3) An interesting post on sweet spots in Virgin Atlantic award chart. Very nice analysis which probably took several hours to put together. Mostly, it will be of interest to those who like to fly Delta (see this post about my redemption and quirks of this particular award) and Virgin America. I’ve seen more than one person confirm that you can redeem Virgin Atlantic miles for one-way flights on Virgin America. That could be extremely valuable for those who live on the West Coast. There is also a link to BoA Virgin Atlantic credit card which could be of interest to some.
4) Daily Getaways preview is released for the upcoming two weeks. If you are new to my blog, keep an eye on my post next Monday with the analysis of various offers. Choice points packages (Monday offer) will be very popular and will probably sell out within minutes. For now, see my post on Choice points, written two year ago. Some of the info is outdated, but the principles still apply.
5) An update on my IHG Priceless Surprises rigamarole. I got my 11,500 points! I did call about my husband’s account one last time and they gave him 5,000 points as courtesy. Something is better than nothing, I suppose. My cousin-in-law was successful in getting all 47K points for her husband’s account. Follow up on your missing entries now!
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.