1) If you are planning on applying for Chase Ink Plus, you might want to do it before March 1st. If you apply in-branch, they may even waive the annual fee of $95. Read this post for more on the subject.
2) As I’ve mentioned in my previous post, official sign-up bonus on Citi co-branded AAdvantage credit cards is supposed to decrease on February 29th. My guess is that it will now come with 30K instead of 50K miles. I think 50K offer will still be available after February 29th, but I have no way of knowing it with a 100% certainty. Citi doesn’t communicate with me directly. As always, do what works for you at this particular time. Offers come and go, so no pressure, guys and gals!
3) And the other shoe drops… Amex has added “once per lifetime” language to their business cards. Details on Milestomemories blog.
4) Best hotel rewards program infographic on Travelisfree Probably a good read for more advanced hobbyists, but I recommend everyone check it out.
5) One of my readers has emailed me and asked about possibly organizing a miles and points meet-up in a Tampa Bay (Fl) area. If you live in a nearby town and are interested, comment or email me, and I will forward the information.
6) Don’t forget to use up your Hyatt suite upgrades soon if you happen to have Diamond status. At some point, I’ll have a dedicated post on my experience with redeeming it. Be aware, the rules have changed:
Have a good weekend!
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.