Just a quick heads up on this new offer from Capital One. The normal bonus is 20,000 points. It has been increased to 40,000 points for a limited time. I’m not sure when this offer will end, which is why I’ve decided to write the post.
It may be gone tomorrow, or it might be around for weeks. It does pay me commission if you apply through my site. Thanks in advance if you decide to use my link! Capital One usually pulls all 3 agencies. Here are more details:
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, equal to $400 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want—no blackout dates
- Miles don’t expire
- No limit to the miles you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee for the first year; $59 after that
- You can redeem these points for any travel expense, including hotel bills and cruises. Capital One had an increased offer of 50,000 points for this very same card at the beginning of the year, but I have my doubts on whether it will come back any time soon. But you never know!
- I am debating on whether to apply for this card or Wells Fargo Propel. You can read about both bonuses in my “Best credit card deals for family” page. I’m leaning towards Capital One because this bank rarely increases their sign-up bonuses. Let me know if you have any questions.
- If you found my content beneficial, look at my Support Me page for ways you can help keep the site running. Also, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.