This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) The sign-up offer on AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard has been increased to 60k miles. Here is direct link This is a fantastic deal, since you only have to pay an annual fee of $95 and spend $1 to collect it. As always, look at other Barclays offers first, specifically Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard before applying.
If you’ve recently applied for 50k offer on Aviator card, reach out via secure message and request a match. Usually, Barclays will do it as long as you’ve applied within the last 30 days. (hat tip Frequent Miler)
2) As I’ve mentioned yesterday, Chase has tightened the rules on getting approved for Sapphire cards. This is a major setback in the hobby, but the show must go on.
3) Southwest schedule has been extended through June 1st, 2018. Book your tickets now to lock in your price because you can always cancel and rebook for free.
4) Speaking of Southwest, the official sign-up offers on all three Southwest cards have been increased to 60k points. I actually had direct links to identical offers for some time, but now you have a chance to support the blog if you wish. Thanks in advance! You can see the details on the cards here
5) Free museum tickets on Saturday, September 23! The Museum Day Live event, sponsored by Smithsonian magazine, provides two free tickets per email address to participating museums across the U.S.A. You must pre-register at your museum of choice. Nancy scooped up tickets for her family to visit a local aviation museum. See this website for more information.
6) Sure-fire ways to enjoy non-park days at Disney World by TravelingMom. It can be tempting to cram in as much park time as possible into your limited vacation time. After all, that’s why you came to Orlando, right? But I recommend you have a few days to just relax. Your kids will not be upset, I guarantee it.
There won’t be any new posts till Tuesday due to Labor Day holiday. If you are traveling over the weekend, stay safe!
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.