1. Air France new promo awards list is announced for travel in March and April. It will be bookable January 1st. Houston-Europe route is 25% off in economy, so costs 37,500 miles roundtrip, plus mild fuel surcharges.
You can transfer to Flying Blue from Membership Rewards (instant), Citi Thank You program with certain eligible cards (2-5 days, add 2 zeros in the front) or SPG program (takes 1-2 weeks). (h/t Millionmilesecrets)
2. Lots of Amex offers are expiring at the end of the month. Check your “Offers for you” in your profile or Sync your card via Twitter. Some have gotten an offer of $50 off $200 bill at Marriott hotels. If you live near one, you can always purchase a gift card inside and use it for other Marriott brands such as Fairfield Inn etc.
3. I got a targeted offer to get 15,000 miles after spending $750 during each of the next 3 months when using US Airways MasterCard. Check your email and don’t discard your correspondence from Barclay’s without reading it first. And please, don’t discard my blog posts either!
4. Speaking of targeted offers, check out this mailer I got for my Bank of America Virgin Atlantic card: “Get 2 additional miles for every dollar spent on purchases at qualifying theaters, golf courses, country clubs, and health and beauty spas through March 31, 2015″
I mean, how lame is that? Call me crazy, but something tells me that SAHM living in a small town USA, is not exactly their target consumer.
5. Don’t forget to maximize 5% back on Chase Freedom by shopping on Amazon as well as some other online stores before the end of the year.
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.