1. If you use Evolve , you probably got an email that now you can pay the bills directly via Discover card with no extra fee added. Apparently, they plan to allow you to use Visa and MasterCard in 2015. If you haven’t heard about Evolve, here is a Flyertalk thread that follows this very handy option for leveraging credit card rewards. It’s one of the last of low hanging fruit (s) of M/S available. (hat tip Mommypoints)
2. Southwest Airlines has an offer for buying Rapid Rewards points and getting a 40% bonus between now and November 26, 2014 Generally, it’s a bad deal, since you are paying almost 2 cents per point. It could make sense if you are a few points short for a specific award ticket. Purchased points do not qualify toward Companion pass. (h/t LoyaltyLobby)
3. Million Mile Secrets has a round-up of limited time transfer bonuses from Membership Rewards. Some have gotten a targeted bonus of 40% on transfers to Jet Blue program, which is similar to Southwest.
4. Via The Deal Mommy, Today only Westgate resorts group is giving away free hotel stays to military families.
If you haven’t done so already, I recommend you subscribe to The Deal Mommy blog, so you can get updates on these type of deals delivered directly to your inbox.
5. Thanks to my reader BB who let me know about a $150 sign-up bonus for Discover iT card. It pays no commission. This offer is as good as it gets for this particular card, so if you have been thinking about getting it, now is the time. I don’t think Discover bank matches offers, in case you’ve applied recently, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
6. For a limited time, you can get 10% off Hyatt gift cards. Read this post on Pointchaser blog on ways to maximize this deal or possibly even use it to meet minimum spending requirements.
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.