1. Air France new promo awards list is announced for travel in January and February. Houston, Washington DC and New York-Europe routes are 50% off, so they cost only 25,000 miles roundtrip in economy, plus mild fuel surcharges. You can transfer to Flying Blue from Membership Rewards (instant) or Citi Thank You program with certain eligible cards (2-5 days, add 2 zeros in the front). More on it in View From the Wing post.
2. According to The Points Guy, as of October 31, Frontier has introduced a new fee, which can be up to $75 for award tickets booked less than 180 days in advance. Ouch! You can avoid it if you use Barclay’s Frontier credit card to pay award ticket taxes. It does happen to pay me commission, but at this time I recommend you use your credit pull for US Airways Premier MasterCard, since the latter will be discontinued in the next few months.
4. If you have a Citi card, soon you will be able to get a free FICO (the real deal) score with it. (h/t Millionmilesecrets)
5. You can now book Jet Blue flights through September 8th, 2015 (h/t Dealswelike)
6. My reader Nancy who also happens to have her own travel blog, wrote a good post on how her family of five will travel to Hawaii on mostly miles and points. No complicated m/s techniques, just good old sign-up bonuses!
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.