Yesterday, the Capital One Venture X Business Credit Card rolled out to online applications. Previously, this card was only available through Capital One relationship managers, and I’ve mentioned it before. I’m going to be honest here: Most people with small businesses will have a hard time meeting the minimum spending for the bonus. But, I will suggest a few alternatives. Let’s look at the details.
Capital One Venture X Business
The Capital One Venture X Business Credit Card currently has a welcome bonus of 150,000 miles after spending $30,000 in the first 3 months. Yes, you read that correctly, $30k spending is required to get the 150k bonus miles. So, this card is better suited to businesses with a lot of monthly expenses.
- 150,000 miles after spending $30k in the first 3 months
- 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- 2X miles on all other purchases
- $300 annual travel credit for bookings through Capital One Travel
- 10k bonus miles for your card anniversary date
- Free employee cards
- No pre-set spending limit, but balance must be paid in full every month
- Redeem miles for travel experiences, or transfer to 15+ travel partners
- $100 Global Entry/TSA Precheck credit
- Free entrance into Capital One airport lounges and Priority Pass lounges
- $395 annual fee
After completing the required $30k spending, you would have 210,000 Capital One miles (150k bonus plus 60k from the minimum spending). That’s a lot of miles, valued at over $2000!
What if the required spending is too much?
For many small businesses, the $30k spending to get the 150k mile bonus is too much. For you, I have a few suggestions:
- Consider the personal version of this card, the Capital One Venture X. Its benefits are nearly identical to the business version, but you can get 75,000 bonus miles after spending just $4000 in the first 3 months. My husband and I both have the personal version of this card, and we love it. We’ve transferred our miles to Air France Flying Blue program to book award flights to/from Europe, and we’ve also transferred miles to British Airways Avios to book domestic flights on AA planes.
- OR, consider applying for a different business credit card. The Chase Ink Business Preferred currently has a welcome bonus of 100k after spending $8000 in the first three months, and the annual fee is only $95. Chase Ultimate Rewards are my favorite points currency because you can transfer them to many travel partners including Hyatt, Southwest and United.
Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids. Her favorite vacations include the beach, cruising and everything Disney.