This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1)The 50k miles sign-up offer on Synchrony Cathay Pacific credit card will expire on October 31st. I don’t believe that you should drop everything and apply, but it’s definitely a decent option for some folks. Namely: those who live near AA hub and who happen to have a flexible schedule. There are also nice opportunities to get great value on premium redemptions, but those are not the focus of this blog. Read my post for more details
2) The 35k points bonus on Amex SPG (business version) is supposed to expire on November 1st. This is a very good offer for some, but once again, NOT a no-brainer for everybody. I’m not sure when (or if) the offer will come back, so use your own judgement on this one. I plan to devote a separate post to this card soon, so stay tuned. Apparently, some have gotten a targeted 35k offer on personal version, but I don’t believe there is an actual public link out there.
3) Membership Rewards program currently has a bonus on transfers to Hilton:
This isn’t a hot deal by any means, but good for topping off an account for a specific redemption. Keep in mind, you can often purchase Hilton points for 0.5 cents apiece via targeted offer, so I wouldn’t do this transfer speculatively.
4) Complete list of current Amex offers on hotels by Milestomemoties blog. Always nice to save money on purchases you make anyway.
5) All-inclusive hotels with points by Giddy for Points blog. A tremendously helpful resource! Scroll all the way down for links to other posts that list options in all the major programs. I’m actually a fan of all-inclusive hotels, especially when vacationing with small kids. Read my review of the IHG property in Jamaica that goes for 40k points per night (kids under 12 stay free).
6) Getting started with national parks travel: national parks tips for beginners by Tripswithtykes.
7) Keep an eye on IHG blog today because the program may release a full preview of new PointBreaks list. You may also want to check LoyaltyLobby blog since it’s usually the first one to break the news on the upcoming list.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.