This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Probably the biggest story of the week is the upcoming change to sign-up bonus on The Chase Hyatt credit card. Read all about it in my yesterday’s post. Like I said already, if you have a solid plan in mind, go for it. If not, wait it out.
2) A sale on Southwest, but you have to book by 6/29. As you probably know, Southwest has a revenue-based award program, so the lower the fare, the less points the flight will cost you.
3) Direct link for 50K miles on Hawaiian credit card via Travelisfree. Annual fee is not waived. This is a niche offer, and will be hot for some, lukewarm for others. I think the best deal for normal folks is redeeming miles on intra-Hawaiian flights that cost 7,500 miles one-way. Before applying, make sure to read my post Ranking Barclaycard Sign-Up Bonuses when It Comes to Family Travel
4) Don’t forget to activate your bonus categories on Chase Freedom for the third quarter of 2017. Can you believe half of the year is gone already? You’ll get 5 points per dollar on restaurant and movie theater purchases. #WeakSauce
5) Last call on Boxed.com Amex offer (if you happened to save it in your profile) that expires in only 8 days.
You’ll get $25 off $65 purchase. This is a very good deal, especially if you sign up via someone’s referral link that will give you an additional $15 off $60 purchase. Here is my Boxed.com link in case you are interested. Boxed.com sells many household items, and most are priced competitively.
So, getting $40 off $80 purchase on things you need anyway is a total no-brainer. Apparently, there is a way to reduce the cost even further by using coupons. Google the latest promos on Boxed.com since those change frequently. You can also go through a shopping portal and get extra rewards.
I rarely mention specific deals unless they somehow relate to travel, but this is a good one. I recommend you get an account if you don’t have one already.
6) How to get 100,000 point sign-up bonuses on personal and business Amex Platinum cards (YMMV) by DoC. A great deal if you can get the offers to come up for you.
7) How to Avoid Walt Disney World Crowds: 5 Easy Tips by TravelingMom. Vacations to Disney can cost an arm and a leg, so saving time=saving money.
8) Review: Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort by my friend at SavvySunshineWife blog. I know a few of my readers are interested in this property, and we actually plan to take my parents there next March. It costs 35K IHG points per night, and you can reserve a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom unit for that price. Not a bad deal during holidays and high season, or if you happen to have a boat load of IHG points.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.