This is a news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) If you’ve been living under a rock during the last week, then this will be surprising/shocking/delightful news. Ebates (my referral link) is giving 15% cash back on certain stores, y’all! Go crazy. Or better yet, don’t.
2) Speaking of, apparently, Fatwallet has migrated to Ebates recently. You may be able to get a $10 bonus if you combine the accounts, but you have to spend $25 within 90 days. Details here
3) You know that Cardwatchdog app I’ve mentioned before? Well, it has evaporated and now redirects to Walletpath All the information I’ve previously saved is gone. New advice: Don’t ever use apps to track credit cards, just record stuff on spreadsheet or similar tool (aka piece of paper).
4) Remember that Wyndham Garden Clearwater I was raving about? Well, it’s Wyndham no more! The hotel went solo, as in broke the chains of being attached to a hotel chain. It just shows you that you should always have another hotel (or two) in mind when collecting hotel points. That goes for everyday spending or sign-up bonuses. Too bad, I was actually thinking about using my renewal points there.
Speaking of, I called Barclays and the rep has confirmed that I’m supposed to receive 15,000 points after paying my $69 annual fee. We’ll see.That particular offer is no longer available, now you only get 6,000 points after first year (weak sauce). But the sign-up bonus is still worth it IMO.
5) Delta is having an award seat sale, book by June 7th. An example of one-way mileage price:
Chicago-Midway, IL (MDW)
Minneapolis, MN (MSP)
6) Well, guys and gals, my new shiny Amex Platinum (X 2) has arrived the same day the post went live. UPS has delivered it in the evening. There are no winners, but I’m not saying you are losers either.
Centurion lounge, here I come with my obnoxious kids! Place your bets on how long it will take to have the lounge all to ourselves. This is how I reacted after receiving my Platinum card:
Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
And this is how my husband reacted after learning that it’s Amex (not accepted everywhere) and that we will have to prepay $900 in fees:
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
My husband is a bit on passive-aggressive side. Plus, he is a little scared of me.
I just hope Centurion lounge will make him feel this way:
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I love it. In just one post I was able to appeal to white people, plus two of my favorite minorities. Have a good weekend!
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.