1) You may have heard about someone digging up a link for old Amex Blue Cash card, where you get 5 percent back on grocery, gas and drugstore expenses (uncapped) after your first $6500 in purchases , mostly of interest to those who engage in manufactured spending or are willing to buy prepaid Visa gift cards. I couldn’t make the app to come up, but others report success. Read more on Flyertalk HERE
2) Southwest schedule is open through October 31st. Also, now you can book flights to Cancun and Los Cabos after August 10th. On a related note, it looks like the 50000 points sign-up offer on Southwest cards has been extended.
3) A good post on Milenomics on how to book American flights on ba.com using Avios, including potential roadblocks and issues. Read it HERE
4) Delta releases details of its new award chart for 2015. Basically, there will be 5 (!) tiers of redemptions, and I seriously doubt there will be many seats at the lowest 25000 domestic roundtrip level. Read more HERE
5) Via View from the wing, Rocketmiles offers 3000 miles for the first hotel booking before April 11th. More details HERE
2004, Prague, Czech Republic
This was a short trip that was never even supposed to happen. We were booked on a flight from Rome to Warsaw with a connection in Prague. However, the flight times changed and the Czech Airlines rep offered to pay for 1 night hotel stay in Prague rather than us canceling the tickets. We accept! They even paid for our meals at the hotel, so it worked out quite nicely.
Prague is one of the best preserved cities in Europe and somehow escaped destruction during World War II. We didn’t have a lot of time there, so just walked around and enjoyed the sights like the old Charles bridge.
What you see on the top photo is the famous Astronomical clock. It was constructed in 1410 and still works! From Prague guide: “Huge crowds gather well in advance to watch this performance. During the day from 9am to 9pm the clock performs on the hour. The figure of Death rings a bell and the 12 Apostles appear above. A cock crows and time is up for the Turk, who shakes his head in disbelief, the Miser, who eyes his bag of gold, and Vanity, who admires himself in a mirror.”
The last one would be referred to as “blogger” today!
On my quirky mind…
Readers, I need more feedback from you! Please, take a few minutes to let me know if the post benefits you, is useless, too crazy, et cetera. Yes, it includes you too, Ramsey, though watch it. Blogging is very lonely and comments make it more of an interactive community. Plus, remember, I’m a bored housewife!
Meanwhile, I wanted to share some of the best spam comments I have gotten so far on my blog. Enjoy!
“I think what you’re doing here is pretty good. But there is a few problems with your argument and I think you should probably rethink it.”
And they leave that comment on every post. I would be happy to rethink my argument if I knew what it was.
“So many blogs cater to men. I am here for you.”
Umm, thanks. I think?
“You can certainly see your skills within the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart. In order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat.”
“It is great post. Thanks for sharing!”
Now, that doesn’t sound like spam, but the user name was “porn” (with back link) and I just could not approve. I could not…
Have a good weekend, everyone!
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.