See our Advertiser Disclosure and Editorial Note here.
I have written about the “new” Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard before. It currently has a 100k sign-up bonus. This offer will expire on April 20, 2022. I do not know what the new offer will be, but most likely it will be lower than 100k miles.
Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard
This is Chase’s new co-branded card with Air Canada.
- 100k bonus after spending $4000 in the first three months
- Bonus is divided into two 50k flight certificates
- Flight certificates can be combined with miles for a higher award flight
- 3X miles at grocery stores
- 3X miles on dining and food delivery services
- 3X miles on Air Canada purchases
- 1X miles on all other purchases
- 500 bonus points for every $2k you spend in a calendar month
- No foreign transaction fees
- Global Entry/TSA Pre-check credit
- $95 annual fee
This card is subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Why Do I Like This Card?
I applied for this card earlier this year, and I currently have it in my wallet. Why?
Air Canada/Aeroplan is part of the Star Alliance, so I can use the miles on partner airlines like United Airlines. I’ve had success finding flight award availability on United to Europe in the past. My family plans to travel to Europe again in 2023.
I also like that I can add to my Aeroplan stash through transfers from Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Capital One Miles.
This actually isn’t a card I recommend to beginners in this miles and points hobby. For beginners, I still recommend the Chase Sapphire Preferred card (see this post). But for advanced players who already have a Sapphire card, this card is a good option to diversify your miles portfolio.
Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids. Her favorite vacations include the beach, cruising and everything Disney.