Please follow us on Facebook for most important breaking news in the miles and points world!
1) There is once again a working link for 40,000 points sign-up bonus on Citi Prestige. Direct link (pays no commission) You have to spend $4,000 in 3 months and $450 annual fee is NOT waived. I wrote a post on Citi Prestige awhile back, so I recommend you check it out. Few perks like golf benefit have been discontinued since then, but general principles still apply.
Few thoughts on the current offer. Unless you run out of options, I recommend you skip it for now. The bonus has been as high as 75,000 points in the past. While minimum spending requirements were also much higher ($7,500), I would hold out for that offer if you possibly can.
It would probably make sense to prepay some bills if necessary in order to not miss out on extra 35,000 points. But that’s my opinion, and you should always do what you are personally comfortable with. You will qualify to receive the bonus as long as you haven’t opened or closed a Thank You-earning card within the last 24 months. (hat tip DoC)
2) On a related note, the direct application link for Citi Thank You Premier is working again. Now that’s an offer worth considering if you are eligible. See my post Citi Thank You Premier: a Poor Man’s Citi Prestige It’s hard to say how long this link will be alive, but I wouldn’t put it off if you are planning to apply. Of course, make sure to consider other lucrative offers as well. ( I believe Chuck at DoC has found the working link, but I’m not sure).
3) United Airlines is having a 20% off sale on awards to Hawaii. As a result, flights in economy will cost you 36,000 miles roundtrip. You have to book by December 8th, and travel has to take place between January 7th-March 10th 2018. Obviously, there is a logical reason behind this sale. The eligible travel period falls after winter holidays and before spring break.
Still, if you are a homeschooling family who is swimming in United miles, this promo will probably be of interest. Keep in mind, you should be able to book the same award for 35,000 miles via Singapore KrisFlyer program which partners with all the major flexible points programs. That’s why I said that the sale only makes sense if you have a big stash of United miles and don’t know what to do with it.
Winter is a good time to visit Maui because whales are migrating to the area from Alaska. It’s quite a sight!
4) My reader Lisa M. has emailed me with a reminder on current Best Western promotion:
I have briefly mentioned it few weeks ago, but it won’t hurt to highlight it again. Of course, most people don’t have a huge stash of Best Western points, so applying for co-branded credit card is the easiest way to accumulate them. Unfortunately, there isn’t a whole lot of time left. But if you are thinking about giving it a shot, here is a direct link
You have to spend only $1,000 in the first 3 billing cycles in order to get 50,000 points. That amount would be good for five nights under the current promotion. I have seen reports that FNBO (the bank that issues the card) is a bit tough on approvals, but you never know with these things unless you try. Your best bet will be to use points on BW Premier collection. One nice option for families is The Florida Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando. The property gets good reviews, and rate is around $150 per night.
5) I know many of you shop at Target, so wanted to mention this promotion. This Sunday only, get 10% off on Target gift cards. See all the details on DDG blog
6) Many partners are leaving Plenti program in 2018. If you’ve been thinking about transferring MR points, you may want to do it sooner rather than later. It’s not really the most lucrative option, but to each his own. Details on Doctorofcredit
7) Just a reminder that our Facebook giveaway ends today. Make sure to enter!
8) Disneyland tips for first-time visitors by TravelingMom.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.