- If you have a Citi Prestige, make sure that you’ve used up your $250 calendar year airline allowance. The charge has to post on your December statement and you can buy airline gift cards. Read this post for more on the subject. Ditto if you have a card like Amex Platinum. Reportedly, gift cards do still trigger reimbursement.
- If you were planning to apply for Citi Gold checking account in order to get 50K points or miles, do so before 12/31/2015.
- Make sure to take advantage of Amex “Offers for you” saved in your profile. Many good ones expire on the last day of the year. Check your offers on a regular basis because some are gone within a day.
- Refer at least 3 friends to Ebates before 12/31/2015 and follow up to make sure they at least create a profile. They have a year to make a $25 purchase, and you will still qualify for $100 bonus when they do. If you don’t have an Ebates account, here is my referral link. You will get $10 Walmart gift card when you sign up and make a $25 purchase. Then refer others so you can collect $100 on top of it. Just do it! If you don’t want to use my link, go to Ebates directly. Seriously, this is a no-brainer, so don’t miss out.
- Consider signing up for Chase Fairmont Signature card. Accor is taking over that brand, and this offer is most likely on life support as we speak. You probably do have a few months, but I definitely wound’t wait much longer that that. Read my post on it here Speaking of hot sign-up offers, read my post here
- Southwest schedule is open through August 5th. Book your tickets now for summer travel.
- Don’t forget to use your Chase Freedom for shopping on Amazon through 12/31/2015 You get 10 points per dollar.
- OK, I don’t think there is an expiration date on this one, but… My cousin-in-law has mentioned it to me, so here it goes. If you use my referral link for ThredUp, we both get free $20 credit. This online store sells lots of brand name (if gently used) clothes items. I got 3 nice shirts and paid only $5.99 in shipping. Not too shabby, eh? So you may as well pick up $20 credit and see what you can hunt down. One hand washes the other.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.