See our Advertiser Disclosure and Editorial Note here.
Update: The link is live! This link does pay us commission.
Capital One recently announced it is launching a new premium travel credit card, the Capital One Venture X. Applications will open next Tuesday, November 9, 2021. Let’s take a look.
Capital One Venture X Card
This new card will have a sign-up bonus of 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 in the first six months. That comes to less than $1700 of spending per month.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2X miles on purchases
- Earn 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- $300 statement credit for travel booked through Capital One Travel
- $200 statement credit for vacation rentals (airbnb, VRBO)–limited time benefit
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- 10,000 bonus miles on card anniversary
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges and Capital One Airport Lounges with up to two free guests
- $395 annual fee
My Thoughts on Capital One Venture X
I’m very excited about this new card, and I hope I get approved next week. Capital One miles have become more useful since adding transfer partners. I would use these miles to transfer to Air France Flying Blue program for my family’s flights to Europe.
Aside from transfer partners, these miles are useful for booking hotels that aren’t in a loyalty program. You can erase purchases coded as travel with your miles. In the past, I’ve used Capital One miles to stay at Great Wolf Lodge.
The annual fee is a bit steep, but those statement credits make it a wash. I already have an airbnb booking for next year, so it would be easy to use that credit.
Unfortunately, Capital One is known to be a bit picky when it comes to approvals. Capital One allows you to have two of their personal cards, but will only approve you for one new card every six months. The bank is very sensitive to recent inquiries.
I’m not sure if this card will be in our affiliate links or not. I’ll update next week along with the results of my application.
Readers, are you interested in this new Capital One Venture X card?
Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids. Her favorite vacations include the beach, cruising and everything Disney.