This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Stash Hotel Rewards card offering 50,000 points by DoC. This is an intriguing offer, no question about it. Apparently, the bonus is worth around $400-500 in value towards independently-owned hotels. You can search various properties and view rates here Originally, the bonus was only 10,000 points, so this is a significant bump. The card is issued by Synchrony bank, so I can’t comment on your odds of approval since I have zero experience with this entity. I’m definitely interested, but plan to do more research first.
2) LifeMiles award chart changes by LoyaltyLobby. The most interesting development is creation of Zones1/2/3 within United States. As a result, you’ll be able to get short-haul tickets for as little as 7,500 miles one-way. That’s an excellent deal but keep in mind, there has to be low-level availability via United.com in order to redeem at this rate. Avianca program is a mixed bag, especially if you have to call their center in Colombia, but this is a positive development. As far as I know, 60k LifeMiles bonus is still available, see my Hot Deals page for details.
3) Through 11/30/2017 you can get 30% transfer bonus from Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin Atlantic program. This could be a good deal for those who like to redeem miles on long-haul non-stop Delta flights. Read my post for more details. (hat tip Reddit)
4) It’s official! Southwest will start selling tickets to Hawaii in 2018. Companion Pass holders, rejoice! No specific date was given and we don’t yet know what airports will be selected for this route. Guys, who is excited?
5) How to book rooms for someone else with points by Milecards. Self-explanatory.
6) Things to do in Paris with young children by AngelinaTravels. Paris has been on my “to do” list for a very long time. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, it just never worked out to add it to our itinerary. Of course, there is currently a threat of terrorism, which is a significant deterrent and something you have to take into consideration. Still, if you’ve been thinking about going there with small kids, check out the post for some inspiration and ideas.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.