This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Looks like zombie links for Citi-issued Hilton cards have finally stopped working. Citi may reissue them at some point and possibly increase the bonus. We know Amex will be the sole issuer of Hilton cards starting in 2018, but until then, it’s anyone’s guess as to what will happen.
I decided to skip getting either card and have no regrets. I absolutely feel that Hilton points can be valuable under the right circumstances, and will have a post on it soon. I just didn’t have concrete plans for the bonus, plus I’m currently working on minimum spending on two other cards. #Pass (reluctantly)
2) In related news, you can still get 100K points bonus on Amex Hilton Surpass, but it doesn’t come with a free night certificate at the end of the first year. Be aware that you are only eligible for one bonus per lifetime. Amex may improve the offer, but it’s hard to say, especially if Citi Hilton cards are indeed gone for good. You can apply before 7/27/2017 via my personal referral link Thanks if you do!
3) Read this post on DoC blog on how you can potentially get an extra 500 miles on a sign-up bonus on AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. Every little bit helps, and those miles may come in handy one day.
4) American Airlines website now lets you book Iberia awards by TPG. It appears there are still bugs to work out, but overall, great news! That said, watch those awards disappear now that they are easier to book. Such is life. Be aware, Iberia adds mild fuel surcharges and of course, flights to Europe are fairly cheap these days. So, always check cash cost and consider using flexible points to book your tickets.
5) On a related note, check out this new AA Miles Award Chart on Travelisfree. Very user-friendly.
6) Amazon Cash: Load $20 get $10 free An easy way to pick up free $10 Amazon gift card if you happen to have CVS in the area you live in.
7) Via RapidTravelChai round-up, An in-depth, Helpful Travel Guide for Single Parents on UpgradedPoints blog. I have several readers who happen to be single parents, so I hope you guys find it useful.
8) Disney’s Pandora World of Avatar Review by Asthejoeflies. I want to go!!!
9) I really enjoyed this interview on NomadicMatt: How Amanda Educates Her Kids from the Road This isn’t a lifestyle we can pull off due to my husband’s demanding job that can’t be done virtually, but it’s something I’ve always been curious about. I like the down-to-earth way this mom speaks, laying out the challenges and advantages of setting out on adventure for months at a time.
Have a great weekend!
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.