This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular families. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Unbelievable…in a good way! According to TPG, Southwest decided to extend Companion Pass hotel points’ transfer eligibility to March 31st. This company rocks, but you know who nudged them in the right direction? Yes, the evil bloggers! The ones who wrote about this amazing opportunity in the first place, and who held Southwest accountable by posting about this sneaky maneuver.
2) Major (in a bad way) development with the offer on Chase Sapphire Reserve. I’m not surprised at all that the sign-up bonus will be reduced. In fact, I thought this would happen sooner. I am puzzled that Chase didn’t decide to reduce it to 70K or 60K points in order to counter balance the huge annual fee, but they obviously did their research and feel differently. Something tells me this decision will bite them in the behind. In-branch applications will presumably live on for few more months, but for those of you who don’t have a Chase branch nearby, the clock is ticking.
3) If you haven’t yet made Spring Break plans, check out this Southwest sale. As always, you have to be flexible in order to find super deals, but they do exist. And of course, fares are fully refundable and bags fly free. Love Southwest! Book by January 26th. (hat tip DoC)
4) File this one under “developing,” but there is a link out there for Citi AA card that doesn’t contain 24-month language. I’ve updated the links in my Hot Deals page awhile back. See this post on Doctorofcredit for details. Nobody has actually received the bonus yet, but the data looks encouraging.
5) I believe Nancy was the first one to blog about Southwest schedule now being open through August 14th. Several readers told us they appreciated the heads up.
6) Why I mostly ignore point valuations by Asthejoeflies. I feel pretty much the same way.
7) Several readers have recently asked me about an update on my Amex 200K points clawback debacle I am working on hopefully reaching some sort of a resolution, and will have a post published once everything is settled. However, I feel it’s best to leave it off the blog for now.
Have a nice weekend!
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and download free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.