This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular family. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Apparently, according to DoC, there is a targeted offer of 100K points on Chase IHG MasterCard. This is a great deal, and if you got an email and don’t currently have this card, I strongly suggest you consider pulling the trigger. According to comments, folks are still able to get matched to 80K points offer. I wonder if Chase will now match to 100K points? Let me know if you try. As of now, Chase IHG MasterCard is not subject to 5/24 rule. Read my post on this product and why fall is a great time to apply.
2) You might be able to get an offer of 50,000 points on Citi Prestige. Try this link in different browsers. Remember, in order to be eligible for the bonus, your previous Citi Prestige OR Citi Thank You Premier card had to have been closed for at least 24 months. (Hat tip DoC)
3) Citi Thank You program has added Jet Blue to the list of transfer partners. This is actually a decent option, especially if your card is eligible for 1,000 Points = 800 TrueBlue points transfer ratio. Remember, Jet Blue program is similar to Southwest, so there are no blackout dates. More details on Dannythedealguru.
4) Earn 3,000 Southwest points when you join Rocketmiles (my referral link) and book, then complete your first hotel stay. It can be for just one night. Promo expires today.
5) Get a 20% bonus when you convert Marriott points to AA miles. Probably not worth it unless you are topping off an account or plan to redeem for Hotel+Air package.
Speaking of, United is currently running a promo on hotel points to miles transfers, and Marriott may be a decent option to consider. Details here
6) A quick reminder that you can still purchase tickets to attend Family Travel for Real Life seminar, set to take place in Dallas on November 5th. You can also attend “happy hour” the day before (costs only $6 per person) if you wish. Nancy actually wanted to go, but she has family visiting that weekend. Details here
So, not too long ago, my son had a “Lunch with parents” event at school. I got a notice last month and meant to put it on my fridge as a reminder. But I didn’t, so I ended up forgetting the stupid thing. That day, when I picked up my son from school, he was distraught and kept saying that he was the only one in class who didn’t have a relative at lunch.
I choose to believe that wasn’t really the case, and that there were other “loser” parents who forgot this occasion. To make things worse, the teacher told me that he kept crying during recess after I didn’t show up. That just broke my heart. I was (am?) a bad mom.
Anyway, I put in a request to let me come and have lunch with him few days later and got permission to do it. My son was so happy and kept showing me off to his friends. I just felt horrible about this whole thing but fortunately, I was given a second chance. You don’t always get those in life. I’ve been so busy with various commitments, working on this blog, getting ready for my trip, fighting American Express etc. And it appears, my kids got the short end of the stick.
It’s quite surreal because one moment I will be writing a post with various math equations. And the next minute, I’ll be putting this on my son:
Quintessential mama, eh? But I can honestly say that being around my little minions is the best thing in the world (well, most of the time).
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.