This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular family. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Over 5/24? Apply for Chase Sapphire Reserve in branch by DoC. Yes, we are back to that topic again! What can I say? The card is da bomb and everyone wants it, including me. Pfft, Chase Sapphire Preferred who? There is a new queen in town. Anyway, check out DoC post for some suggestions on how you might get approved if you live near Chase branch.
I wouldn’t drive 500 miles out of my way because there are no guarantees. But if you are thinking about a short getaway during the next few weeks, you might want to check Chase branch locator. No need to mention CSR to your spouse. Honey, I just want to go on a short trip with you and the kids…to an area that happens to have a Chase branch within 15 mile radius. Just saying.
An idea for you: how about possibly combining this trip with new IHG Accelerate promo? Just make sure your stay occurs on September 6th or later. I’m certain 100K offer on CSR will still be available at that point, and probably longer. To those who are relatively new to miles and points hobby, none of it applies to you. Read my post for more.
2) New Citi credit card bonus rules are supposed to go into effect on August 28th (this Sunday). So, if you’ve been thinking about applying for certain Citi cards, now is the time. One thing I wanted to mention about Citi AAdvantage Executive World MasterCard. Even though the annual fee is huge ($450), Citi has a policy of prorating them if you cancel the card. It’s not a guarantee, of course, because things may change down the road.
In no way am I suggesting that this card is a no-brainer, but for those who value AA miles, it might be worth considering. Also, read this post on DoC on Citi AA co-branded Gold card version.
View Additional Reward Offers Here (affiliate link)
3) Play new SPG instant win game I never win anything in these games. But if you have a few minutes, why not try it?
5) Southwest “buy and gift” Rapid Rewards points 50% bonus promo, August 23rd-September 2nd. Only worth it if you need to top off an account for a specific award.
6) Yesterday I got an email from Plastiq (my link):
My guess is that it’s valid for everyone, but I’m not sure. If you have your own Plastiq referral link, post it in the comments since I rarely use this service. For those of you who have mortgage and car payment, it’s a terrific way to meet minimum spending requirements.
7) Just wanted to share this beautiful image from our neck of the woods. Doesn’t look like Florida at all, does it?
Now close your laptop, get your family in the van and go out and explore your neck of the woods!
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.