Here is another installment in my series of interviews with readers. Something I’m always impressed with is how large families (as in more than four people) are able to successfully utilize miles and points. It ain’t easy, folks! That’s why I’m so excited that my reader Stacy who has a Twitter handle Family6Travels has agreed to this interview. As you have probably guessed, she has a family of six. What are the chances?
Without further ado:
1) What motivated you to research miles and points hobby?
My sister mentioned points a couple of years ago, but I was only half listening. It never occurred to me that you could fly anywhere with a credit card sign-up bonus. I was also under the impression that credit cards were evil. Before signing up for my first bonus, it had been 5-6 years since we’d applied for a card.
I accompanied my husband on an international work trip in 2014. We had several delays along the way which prompted me to reach out to the airline. They offered 15k miles for each of us and asked what FF program we would like them applied to. This led to my first Google search which really introduced me to the world of miles and points.
2) What are the biggest challenges you face as a large family who is trying to navigate miles and points hobby?
3) What’s your favorite trip that was made possible solely due to miles and points?
4) How often do you think about miles and points?
5) What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done to earn miles or points?
6) How do your spouse and kids feel about this hobby?
7) Do you ever wish you’ve never found miles and points hobby? Why/why not?
8) If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is just starting out in this hobby, what would it be?
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.