1. I’ve added this news item last Friday, but in case you’ve missed it: Discover has introduced a new card Discover It Miles. It gives 1.5 miles per dollar, but as a new applicant, you get double that amount, though only for the first year. Here is the link, pays no commission.
My reader Cheapblackdad has asked about the best possible combination of cards to collect cash back for one year. Well, friend, this one is for you! If you are willing to use up a credit pull, that is. It doesn’t come with any sign-up bonus, so it’s a no-go for me.
The card effectively gives 3 percent cash back, so it would make sense to pair it up with a card that has bonus categories like Amex Blue Cash Preferred, US Bank Cash Plus, Chase Freedom or Discover It. You can see the list of all best “keeper” cards here
3. February 28th is the last day to apply for an increased offer on Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass card. This is actually a pretty good deal, and I wrote about it in this post. As always, consider your future plans before signing up for any bonus. The offer doesn’t pay me referral.
5. The new IHG PointBreaks list preview should be available today. Check LoyaltyLobby for the latest info. You’ll be able to book hotels sometime tomorrow.
The airline is a member of Oneworld alliance, but the chart isn’t all that compelling compared to Avios (British Airways program). If you don’t have access to Avios, it could come in handy, especially for short flights that cost 8,000 miles one-way. Here is more info:
8. If you haven’t yet applied for US Airways Premier World MasterCard, I can once again refer you if you apply before March 14th. Check my page “Best credit card deals for family” for more details. Email me if interested.
9. Not miles or points related, but if you are a fan of Thomas series, check out the schedule for annual Day Out with Thomas tour. It’s a lot of fun and quite affordable. I recommend you take your kids if it comes to your state.
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.