1) Stay 3 nights at Best Western, get a free hotel stay certificate. For more details, read and register HERE (h/t Miles, Points and Martinis)
2) An update: The application page is currently down.
There is an offer for an Amex Business Gold Rewards card for 50,000 Membership Rewards points if you apply before June 2nd. Pays no commission, and you can find the details and application link HERE
3) Last call for an increased offer for Chase Ink Plus and Chase Ink Bold, which will end on June 1st. There is a good chance this offer will return next year, though I don’t have any insider knowledge. Pays me commission. See more details in my post on business cards.
4) Daily Getaways is selling Busch Gardens and Sea World tickets at a discount today.
5) Till June 4th, Virgin Atlantic is having a sale on awards from New York to London, where it costs only 28,000 miles roundtrip in economy and $400 in taxes. That is a good deal for summer travel. But it gets better because through May 31st, you can get a 30 percent bonus on transfers to Virgin Atlantic from Amex Membership Rewards, so the ticket will only run 22,000 miles. (h/t Million Mile Secrets blog).
6) A very good post on DansDeals blog on the Avios program and its quirks and advantages. I honestly think this program will devalue soon, and hope you can get in on some of the best bargains, while you still can. Read the post HERE
On my mind
I look back and can’t believe how little I knew about blogging. I’m not saying that I’m an expert now. In fact, I’m quite clueless when it comes to most things. But I never knew there was such thing as SEO (search engine optimization). Apparently, certain words and topics rank higher on Google and make it easier for readers to find your site. Hello, Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Since I’m busy with my kids, I can’t spend too much time on Twitter, Flyertalk or Facebook. But somehow, I need to promote this blog and make the best of what I already have.
Through email, I’m bombarded with offers to optimize key words for my site. Maybe it’s crazy, but I just don’t see the point. I don’t want to write for Google. I fear the day I try to “optimize” my posts will mean the kiss of death for my content. I’m not saying it’s anything special now, but it is authentic and from the heart.
It’s funny, the other day some blog linked to one of my posts to highlight successful marketing affiliate strategies. Once again, there is no strategy! I simply try to be completely honest and that’s it. I don’t write a post thinking: What can I say to manipulate my readers into clicking my links?
I guess my strategy (if you can call it that) is to bring more transparency, treat readers as intelligent human beings, to inspire them to live a life less ordinary. I don’t need SEO for that. But then again, maybe I do!
If you liked my post, please subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book on Amazon
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.