1) American Express will supposedly start imposing one bonus /per card/ per lifetime rule starting May 1st. If you have had a card in the past, canceled it and want to get the bonus again, you may want to do it before the deadline.
2) A good post on The deal mommy containing tips for Disney vacation plus Groupon lodging deal info. Read more HERE
3) Today is the last day to beat Club Carlson devaluation and book at the old rates.
4) On March 20th, Amazon will be raising rates for Amazon Prime. More info and details on how to lock in the old rate HERE
5) Today is the last day to apply for an increased offer on US Bank FlexPerks card. Originally, it was supposed to be March 7th, but it was extended to the 14th. More in my “Best deals” page.
2009, Kronberg, Germany
This was just a one-night stay in Schlosshotel Kronberg, located near the Frankfurt airport. I found this castle hotel online and really wanted to stay there. However, the quoted rate was $500 per night. No way, Jose. After some digging around, I found it for $300 on hotels.com. With the coupon, the total bill came to $250, including a 5- star breakfast. This place was very “fancy pants.” Even Gary Leff from View from the wing would approve.
The property had beautiful gardens and a very pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. I really wish we could have stayed longer, just to to enjoy the place. Our daughter loved exploring everything and was in awe of it all. So was I.
One message that I hope to get across in my blog is that it doesn’t have to be all budget or all luxury when it comes to travel. It’s about extracting the most value out of every dollar, mile or point. For me, it’s a big part of the fun in this hobby!
On my mind.
A family rant, finally! I don’t know who designs most toys, but they must not have kids themselves. A while back, my sister-in-law bought a drum, filled with loud, obnoxious toys at Goodwill.
The set was never even unwrapped and had a card attached. It said: ” To our dear Denny, from uncle and aunt so and so”. The parents never even opened it and just took the whole darn thing to Goodwill. I told my sister-in-law there is no way I’m keeping this thing in my house.
Then a few weeks ago, we had my husband’s aunt and uncle visiting the family. They brought this orange fish toy that moved around the floor and loudly sang “Twinkle, twinkle, little star” non-stop. My son loved it. Me? Not so much. Forget waterboarding to torture prisoners. Get that fish! They will spill the beans in half an hour, guaranteed.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.