Anyway, miles and points are great, but they don’t always make sense for a family travel. I finally got around to putting this list together, so you can hopefully have it as a reference. Most of these sites you are probably already familiar with, so I apologize in advance if I am repeating the obvious.
This is the first travel site I discovered and in many ways still the best. You can see hotel, cruise and airfare deals. I suggest you sign up for their newsletter, so you can see travel deals first thing, because some sell out fast.
Another decent site, but not quite as good as Travelzoo.
Lots of excellent deals tailored to your geographic area. Many half-price hotel options that look very attractive. I highly recommend, you check it out.
4) Flyertalk I know it sounds crazy, but some of the best deals can be found here. A lot of times you will find mistake fares that are not published anywhere else. Click on “miles and points” at the top and then look for sections, called “mileage run deals” and “hotel deals“.
There are some amazing finds you can score occasionally. That’s how we ended up flying Tampa-Rome roundtrip in May for 360 dollars each. And we even earned miles on the tickets, which we used towards Hawaii trip!
5) If you are actively looking for a lodging deal for your family, it’s hard to beat VRBO Especially if you have an extended vacation in mind, 3 nights or longer. That’s because most rentals require at least that long of a stay in order to book a place.
It’s wonderful to have a place with a living room, kitchen and all the amenities, when you have kids. Be aware, all properties are individually owned. So it’s very much like a box of chocolates and you know the rest! You may want to buy insurance offered by that site in order to protect yourself from potential scams. Read more on it HERE
6) Skyauction is a great website where you can sometimes find condos in popular places like Orlando, for only 35 dollars per night.
7) Cruisecompete is a great site to get several quotes for your dream cruise.
8) The Flight deal Sign up to follow this site to get updates on the latest airfare specials.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.
Thank you so much for commenting! I really hope I didn’t offend you, I actually like your blog. The worm is a little crazy, but kind of fun. I hope you keep it!
So you don’t like the worm? If you click on it, it takes you to the top of the page. The “Something Fishy” theme got me going with my blog — so many opportunities for fishing puns and idioms.