- Even though Citi Hilton HHonors Signature Visa card offer of 75,000 points seems to have disappeared from affiliate channels, you can still apply for it via this link through October 31st. This is the highest this offer has ever been, but as always, I recommend you have a specific plan for your bonus. You can get the points as long as you have canceled an identical card 18 months prior.
- Chase has announced that it will no longer partner with Amtrak as of December 8th of 2015. As you probably know, Amtrak program will be overhauled next year. Honestly, unless you plan to redeem for sleeper cabin on a super long route, you may not be affected that much. Points under the new scheme will be worth approximately 2.9 cents each, not too shabby. In fact, I’m thinking about booking a train trip after the devaluation. Will write a post on it at some point. Remember, you can transfer SPG points to Amtrak on 1:1 basis. (h/t Doctorofcredit)
- An incredible slideshow/primer on hotels and status via Rapid Travel Chai. If you are new to the hobby, definitely check it out. If you are not new to The Hobby, definitely check it out. Succinct and to the point. Did you know there is such a thing as “Love” hotels in Japan? I bet that will make you click on the link!
- Well, I spoke too soon on Amex Small Business Saturday promo. It looks like they are discontinuing statement credits for cardholders this year. My question is: What’s the point, then? This is a sad development, but it’s still possible to make up for Amex annual fees via “Offers for you” in your profile. It’s just going to be much harder now. (h/t Doctorofcredit)
- Opt in to receive emails from SPG, get free 200 points. Good for extending expiration date. (h/t Pointcentric)
- Eric from Travelcodex has updated his award calculator to include economy redemptions. You can use code “Travelcodex” to get 50% discount.
If you found my content beneficial, look at my Support Me page for ways you can help keep the site running. Also, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.