See our Advertiser Disclosure and Editorial Note here.
I applied for the card this morning, and I was approved! To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to be approved or not. Capital One is known to be a little picky with who they approve for new cards. As a data point, I’ve opened 4 new cards in the past 24 months and my credit score is ~800. I already have the Capital One Venture Rewards card, and I use it regularly.
This card has a sign-up bonus of 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 in the first six months. I have a few large purchases I’ve saved up for (property taxes and an upcoming cruise) that will take a large dent out of that.
As a reminder, here are the details of this card:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2X miles on purchases
- Earn 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- $300 statement credit for travel booked through Capital One Travel
- $200 statement credit for vacation rentals (airbnb, VRBO)–limited time benefit
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- 10,000 bonus miles on card anniversary
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges and Capital One Airport Lounges with up to two free guests
- $395 annual fee
For my family, we will easily be able to use the $500 in travel statement credits to more than offset the annual fee. I plan to transfer the miles to airline partners to use for a big trip in 2023.
My husband also plans to apply for this card. However, he will wait just a bit. The $395 annual fee hits on the first month, so we would rather spread that and the monthly spending out over a longer period of time.
Are you planning to apply for this new card? May the odds be ever in your favor!
Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids. Her favorite vacations include the beach, cruising and everything Disney.