Offers change constantly, so feel free to contact me for all the latest deals that might not be listed on this page.
List of best long-term credit cards for a middle-class family
List of best hotel cards
List of best business cards
If you have applied for all the mentioned offers, I have put a secondary list of bonuses here
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
- Limited time offer! Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Earn extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 04/05/2017
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- The offer pays us commission if you apply through the blog
Chase Sapphire Preferred
If you are just starting out, it could make sense to apply for this bonus first. That’s because Chase has imposed restrictions on this offer, and will not approve those who got more than 5 cards (from any bank) within the last 24 months. See this post for more.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
- This card pays us commission.
See this post for my thoughts on whether this card is worth renewing and paying 95 dollar annual fee.
50,000 Ultimate Rewards can be converted to:
1) $500 in statement credit or 625 dollars towards travel expenses.
2) 50,000 British Airways Avios miles.
3) 50,000 Southwest Rapid rewards, potentially good for 750 dollars or more in airfare.
There are other transfer partners, but those are my favorite currently.
American Express Premier Rewards Gold
This is a targeted offer and may not be available to all. I consider it a terrific deal. This offer was last seen on 05/01/2016. This card pays me commission.
Go to CardMatch tool and fill out your info. Here are the details:
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you’re traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Also, note what it says in the terms and conditions, so please make sure you do qualify:
- If you are identified as a current American Express® Card Member, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days.
- If you can’t get it to come up via Cardmatch tool, try this link in several browsers.
Try this direct link in incognito mode and you might get an offer of 50,000 points.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year, and receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre √®
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay at hotels booked through Citi Prestige® Concierge
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for a $532 flight on any airline or $400 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases
- The annual fee of $450 is not waived. However, you can get $250 calendar year credit, good towards airfare.
- Read my post on this card and why it’s a good fit for a middle-class family.
- This offer pays me commission.
- Read this post on how you may be able to get this offer with $350 annual fee.
Citi Thank You Premier
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open
- 3 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on Travel, including Gas
- 2 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on Dining Out & Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of ThankYou® Points you can earn with this card
- Points Transfer allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Redeem ThankYou® Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year.
- The offer pays us commission.
Note that you may be able to apply for an offer of 40,000 points in Citi branch.
Cash and travel rebate bonuses
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard
The sign-up bonus is 50,000 points after $3,000 in purchases in 90 days, first year annual fee is waived. That amount equals $500 that you can redeem toward travel-related purchases like airfare, cruise, hotels and car rentals. It also gives a 5 percent rebate on the points you redeem. Minimum redemption for travel is 10,000 points, equivalent to $100. Read my short review
I think this is an attractive offer and a good card for earning cash back as well. That’s because it gives 2 points per dollar in rebate toward travel purchases, an equivalent of 2 cents, and even more with the rebate. I don’t think it’s worth renewing, though, because the annual fee of $89 kicks in after the first year.
- Limited-time offer! Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 15.99% or 19.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
- Pays me commission.
Capital One Venture Rewards
Be aware, this bank usually pulls all three credit agencies. You can redeem 40,000 points for a $400 gift card to various retailers, including Target.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, equal to $400 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want—no blackout dates
- Miles don’t expire
- No limit to the miles you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee for the first year; $59 after that
- This card pays me commission.
Merril + Visa Signature Card
Application link for this card is dead at the moment. Will update if a new link is found.
See my post on this card.
- No annual fee.
- Minimum spending requirements are quite manageable at $3,000 in 3 months.
- 50,000 points are worth $500 or potentially up to $1,000 towards airfare.
Mileage bonuses, tied to individual airline
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit card
Apply via my personal referral link and get the following sign-up bonus:
- Get 50,000 points for 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Government fees as low as $23 not included.
- You can also redeem 50,000 points for various gift cards, including Amazon (50,000=$500 value)
- Get 6,000 points after your Cardmember Anniversary.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines and on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem points for gift cards, car rentals, cruises, hotel stays and international flights to over 800 destinations on 50+ global carriers.
- No foreign transactions fees.
- The annual fee of $99 is NOT waived.
- Sign-up bonus is not available to those who have received it in the last 24 months.
- This card also pays me commission.
The offer on Plus version ($69 annual fee) is identical and pays us commission. You can use this direct link for 60K points offer on the business version. You may also want to read this post on Companion pass, the best deal in family travel. All of these cards are subject to 5/24 rule.
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card
- Special offer: 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United-operated flight at the MileagePlus Standard Award level
- $95 annual fee, not waived
- Pays us commission
Subject to 5/24 rule. That amount is enough for 4 one-way tickets within lower 48 states. There are higher offers, but they are usually targeted. Check this direct link for an offer of 50,000 miles+$50 credit after spending $3,000 in 3 months once you log into your account. Check for best sign-up deals on this card in this Flyertalk thread.
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard
There is a direct link that doesn’t have 24-month language restriction. Apply at your own risk!
- For a limited time, earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines flights*
- New – No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases.
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
- Double AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage miles each calendar year
- The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- Will at Doctorofcredit reports that you may be able to get an extra $100 credit when you make a dummy booking on aa.com
- Pays commission if you apply through this site.
Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived.
- This offer pays me commission.
Barclaycard Lufthansa Miles and More
Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee, then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
Annual fee of $89 is not waived. Lufthansa miles can be redeemed on flights on United Airlines without fuel surcharges. It costs 12,000 miles one-way to fly within Continental USA. Non-affiliate application link
Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Receive 50,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
- Receive a $50 statement credit after making your first purchase with Delta in the first 3 months
- Annual Fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- Free checked bag free
- If you have had this card before, you cannot get the bonus again
- Try a dummy booking on Delta.com and see if you can get an offer with $100 credit.
- Non-affiliate application link
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Check your first bag for free and save up to $50 on a round trip Delta flight, settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding, enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Use miles towards flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual fee of $195 is not waived.
- Available via personal referrals.
AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard
- Apply Here (direct link)
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the $95 annual fee
- First checked bag free for the primary cardmember and up to four companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 each calendar year
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X miles for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Group 1 boarding
- No foreign transaction fees when you make purchases outside the U.S.
- Receive 10 percent of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back (10,000 miles maximum per calendar year)
- Receive 25 percent in-flight savings on food, beverages and headsets
- $95 Annual fee
Avianca Vuela Visa
Apply here (direct link) Make sure to put a code AVSPWE to get 60K miles.
- Welcome Bonus of up to 60,000 LifeMiles for purchases made within the first 90 days after activation of your credit card
- Up to LM 3 for every dollar spent on Avianca purchases
- Up to LM 2 for every dollar spent at gas stations and grocery stores
- LM 1 for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Two 50% discounts on award tickets redeemed, applicable for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States
- Free additional piece of baggage for travel between the United States and Central America
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee of $149 is not waived.
- See my short review of this card
If you are looking for cards with introductory 0% on balance transfers and purchases and not the bonus, CLICK HERE to see my post.
I also wrote a post where I assigned my personal value to different miles and points programs HERE
If anyone is aware of a better offer, please let me know.
You may be able to refer your friends and get 5000 points for recommending Starwood American Express or Amex Premier Gold. Check your online Amex credit card profile to see if you qualify.
You can get 5,000 for referring your friends to apply for Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preferred through this link.
You may also want to read this post for some ideas to meet minimum spending requirements. Don’t hesitate to email me with any additional questions.
Everything you read is my opinion only, and I will not be held accountable for your choices.