If you’ve been around miles and points hobby for few years, you’ve probably already heard about CardMatch tool. If so, feel free to skip this post. If you are not familiar with it, keep reading.
How CardMatch tool works
You have to click on the link and fill out your personal information, including last four numbers of your SSN. Don’t worry, your credit will NOT be pulled! Not yet. You are then presented with credit card offers tailored to your profile. In my experience, CardMatch tool is mostly useful when it comes to American Express products. If you don’t currently hold an Amex card, you are in especially good position. Other banks usually show you public offers you can access anywhere.
Keep in mind, you can only get one bonus per Amex card/per lifetime. So, it’s important to choose wisely.
Current Amex CardMatch offers worthy of your consideration
Many readers have reported seeing these two offers in the last month:
1) Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and at US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a calendar year for baggage fees at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, when available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.
Regular offer: 25,000 points after spending $2,000 in 3 months. So, targeted offer comes with lower minimum spending requirements and the bonus is double compared to the standard amount. I was targeted for this offer via CardMatch few years ago and signed up for the card. Sometimes there are higher offers on the business version of this card (like 75,000 points bonus), but those are relatively rare.
Even if you are not interested in mileage transfers, you should definitely consider this card at some point. After all, you can redeem 50,000 MR points towards $500 Home Depot gift card and many others.
2) The Platinum Card from American Express
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived.
Regular offer: 60,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months. The ability to get 100,000 MR points in exchange for spending $3,000 is a very good deal. I signed up for this offer last year through a public link. Unfortunately, I wasn’t targeted via CardMatch.
Despite the huge $550 fee, I absolutely think this offer is worth it. Read my post How to Get the Most Value out of 100k Membership Rewards Points from Amex Platinum It’s important to note that many have been able to buy airline gift cards and get reimbursed via $200 annual fee credit. However, it’s a loophole that could die any day, so I wouldn’t count on it working if I were you.
If you are planning to take a lot of flights during the next year, airline lounge access could definitely come in handy. You can also get Gold status with SPG, Marriott and Hilton programs just by holding the card. I consider all the fancy perks to be more of an icing on the cake. The 100k points is what makes the juice worth the squeeze for most regular folks.
Readers, are any of you seeing these offers?
Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Editorial Note – Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.