This is a brief news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) 25% off Iberia Avios award flights, booked through April 11th. This can be a good deal, but do check paid options first. The market has recently been flooded with cheap fares to Europe, which is good news. I recommend you subscribe to TheFlightDeal and SecretFlying and follow them on Twitter for all the latest deals.
2) A potentially good deal on Home Depot cards for those with Citi Thank You points and no plans to use them. Chuck at DoC reports that you can currently redeem 4,000-4,500 points on a $50 Home Depot gift card. The offer varies, so check your Citi profile.
3) Update: dead. The biggest development of the last week IMO is the resurrection of online link for Merrill card. I wouldn’t wait much longer to apply if you are interested. If your application went to pending (and most do), call this number 1-866-751-1257 to check the status. You don’t have to talk to anyone, just input your information. If denied, then try to speak to credit analyst.
4) Southwest is having a sale, details here Book by 4/6.
5) I’m sure you’ve already heard that the bonus on The Platinum Card from American Express has been increased (along with the annual fee). This to me is not a huge development, as I would hold out for a higher offer. But here are the details on the card:
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- New! Up to $200 Uber Savings Annually.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More. Terms Apply.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived.
- This card pays us referral.
Like I said, not a big news item, but I wanted to mention it in case you’ve missed it. Keep in mind that you can usually find better targeted offers if you open application link in different browsers.
6) Think Caribbean Islands for Last Minute Family Getaways by Travelingmom. I wholeheartedly agree with the article! Caribbean is easy to get to for those who live on the East Coast, and it’s usually a lot cheaper than other exotic destinations, including Hawaii. Summer is the off-season, so right now you can score some good deals.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and download free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.