This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular families. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Lots of reports of folks getting an offer of 50K miles+$50 on both personal and business versions of United credit card. Log in here to check. Keep in mind that both offers are subject to 5/24 rule. (Hat tip to DoC)
2) $25 off $100 purchase at Best Buy with Visa Checkout by Dannythedealguru Valid till 1/21/2017 or while supplies last.
3) A reminder on Boxed.com Amex offer ($15 off $50 purchase) that is due to expire at the end of the month. It’s actually a pretty good deal on certain items that are difficult to find in a regular grocery store. I buy my Naked brand coconut water which I enjoy during my Zumba class.
You can supercharge this offer by getting a new account via my referral link. You’ll get $15 off your first Boxed order of $60 or more, plus free shipping. So, just add $65 worth of items and get $30 off, factoring in Amex offer. Prices are slightly higher than Amazon, but it’s certainly a hot deal on your first purchase.
Speaking of Amex offers, check your profile. Several decent ones have been added recently (Hilton, Neiman Marcus etc).
4) $500 Checking and Savings bonus offers on Chase account are back (in-branch only) This is a hot deal and I signed up for it myself few months ago. I got my bonus (X2 including my husband’s account) without any issues, and plan to close our checking accounts in a few months. Make sure to read the details of the offer and follow it to the letter.
5) Is a big Southwest devaluation coming in the spring? This is a very interesting and thought-provoking article. I’m sure that some sort of Southwest devaluation is a matter of certainty, but I think it will be a mild one. Whether this Companion Pass drama will change things, that remains to be seen.
6) On a related note, the offer on Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus credit card is once again increased to 50K points. It does pay us commission. Check this page for other working links on Southwest cards.
7) Looks like Fairmont card is dead for good. Congrats to all who got approved in time.
8) The bonus on Chase Ritz-Carlton card has been reduced to 2 nights. Here is a working link (the same one I had on my blog all along) for an offer with 3 nights. I don’t consider it a hot deal due to monster $450 annual fee, but you should read this post and decide for yourself. There is a nice property in Maui which may be of interest to some.
9) This card might be of interest to some of my readers. While perusing internet, I came across this:
Wells Fargo Rewards Visa credit card Direct application link
- New: Earn 15,000 bonus points if you spend $1,000 in net purchases during the first 3 months
- Earn 5X rewards points for every $1 spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore net purchases for the first 6 months
- Earn 1X rewards points per dollar on virtually all other net purchases every day
- Redeem points for travel, gift cards, cash redemption options or merchandise through Go Far™ Rewards
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, after that the variable APR will be 12.65%-26.49%
- $0 Annual Fee
I’ve seen this offer before, but it didn’t come with 15,000 points bonus. Obviously, if you are comfortable with hitting CVS and grocery stores in order to buy Visa gift cards, you can do very well. And the sign-up bonus doesn’t hurt either. Wells Fargo is a weird bank to deal with, so keep that in mind.
Also, be aware that there is a different version of this card called Wells Fargo Visa Signature The points can be redeemed for flights at a better rate. See the second half of my post for review of this card. A double dipping opportunity?
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend the site to your family and friends. You can follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and download free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.