This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular families. For faster updates, follow Miles For Family on Twitter or check the feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Chase Ink Business Preferred Card went live this week. The bonus is 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5000 in the first three months. 3X points on travel, shipping, advertising and internet/cable/phone. Annual fee is $95, not waived. We do receive a commission if you apply for this card on the blog. However, if you live near a Chase bank branch you should apply there, because the annual fee is waived the first year for in-branch applications. This card is reportedly subject to the 5/24 rule, so if you have opened more than four new credit cards in the last two years, go to a branch to see if you are pre-approved for this card. I plan on visiting a branch in early December to see if I have been pre-approved.
2) Gift Card Deals:
- 50% off select gift cards at Dollar General when you buy 2 by 12/10/16
- Bonus $20 when you buy $200 Southwest gift card + 5X points Chase Ink (limited quantities available)
3) Transfer Bonuses:
- Citi ThankYou to Hilton HHonors 1:2 ratio until February 8 (normal ratio is 1:1.5)
- Amex to Iberia 50% bonus through Dec 15. You can transfer Iberia Avios to British Airways Avios if you meet certain requirements.
I am not excited about either of these, but if you have a specific redemption in mind, now is a good time to transfer points.
4) Uber is having a promotion for free airport pickups up to $65 from several major airports. Use your Amex card and the promo code AMEXAIRPORT before Dec 31. (h/t to Mommy Points)
5) IHG announced a Priceless Experiences contest and promotion. With two stays (one of them at least two nights) between Dec 1 and Feb 15, you earn a gift card of $50 to $100 depending on the brand. You must pay with a Mastercard, and the grand prize is a trip to Chicago. You can also enter the sweepstakes online.
6) Cruise Ship News—This has been a fun week for cruising fans! Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas, which is now the world’s largest cruise ship, officially set sail. The ship features 10-story twin slides (dry slides) in addition to a trio of water slides, robot bartenders and a whimsical Wonderland restaurant. My family is on team Disney Cruise Line, but I’d love to try this ship someday! (Historically, Royal Caribbean has offered great incentives on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so keep a lookout next week!)
7) Don’t forget to look for great travel deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday! See this article for a few deals that will be happening, although there are sure to be many more. Follow Miles For Family on Twitter for updates.
Both Leana and I are taking a few days off from the blog next week to travel and spend time with our families. We will be back to daily posts the week of November 28. Have a wonderful week!
Nancy is a contributing writer for Miles For Family. She enjoys traveling to the beach and is a big fan of Disney. Nancy lives near Dallas, Texas, with her husband and three kids.