This is a news recap from last week, tailored to regular family. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1)New IHG PointBreaks list is out. Unfortunately, it looks like my predictions came true, and many properties I featured are no longer available.
2) Get a ton of miles on your holiday shopping via various programs. Not worth doing just for miles, but if you are planning on making a large purchase, then why not take advantage of this extra incentive in order to top off an account?
4) Don’t forget that through 12/31/2016, you will get double the rewards by shopping at small businesses and paying with your American Express card. Plastiq (my referral link) registers as a small business, though Amex SPG cards reportedly don’t work.
5) Purchase SPG points and get up to 50% off. Details here I wouldn’t do it speculatively, as I don’t value SPG points at more than 1.75 cents apiece, and probably closer to 1.5 cents. But it can be a great deal if you need to top off an account for a specific redemption. You may want to read my post on Marriott/SPG merger for other ideas.
6) As I’ve predicted in this post, 45,000 points’ offer on Wyndham card recently went the way of dinosaurs. The best offer is now 30,000 points, annual fee of $75 is NOT waived. Here is direct link. I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get it unless I needed two nights at an expensive city like New York or Chicago. It could also make sense to apply for this offer if you need lots of Cash+Points stays.
7) Join Southwest Rapid Rewards program before December 3rd, and you will get 250 points free just for signing up. Here is my referral link, thanks in advance if you choose to use it!
8) Stackable opportunities on Hilton stays if you have Amex offers in your profile.
9) Another week, another $20 rebate offer on $300 Visa gift cards purchased at Staples.
10) If you are curious about various Disney-owned lodging options in Orlando, you are in luck! Check out this post on Tripswithtykes with her thoughts on staying at Grand Floridian resort. Then scroll down, and you’ll see links to reviews of all the other properties. My personal favorite is Polynesian. I’ve never actually stayed there because I’m cheap. But if I were to splurge on on-site Disney property, this would be it. My contributor Nancy actually wrote about stay at Polynesian on her own blog a while back.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.