I seem to be on a “large family” kick lately or maybe that’s just a huge portion of my blog’s readership? Anyway, here is another installment in my “interviews with readers” segment. This time we are talking to Mark who like many in this hobby is an M/S (manufactured spending) enthusiast. So, I thought it would be very interesting to get his perspective. Mark has a wife and four kids, so as you can imagine, affording travel outside of his home state can get pretty expensive. Miles and points to the rescue, blah blah blah.
Dining with family in Auckland, New Zealand
Mark was actually kind enough to email me his answers while he was on a trip Down Under (I’m not worthy!) Without further ado:
1. What motivated you to research miles and points hobby?
2. What are the biggest challenges you face as a large family who is trying to navigate miles and points hobby?
3. What’s your favorite trip that was made possible solely due to miles and points?
4.How often do you think about miles and points?
5. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done to earn miles or points?
6. How do your spouse and kids feel about this hobby?
7. Do you ever wish you’ve never found miles and points hobby? Why/why not?
8. If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is just starting out in this hobby, what would it be?
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.