1. According to Deals We Like blog, Radisson Aruba will be re-branded. You can still make reservations through December 2016. Most bloggers seem to like this property, so if you’ve been thinking about booking, now is the time. Remember, you get every second award night free with co-branded Club Carlson Visa.
2. Second week of Daily Getaways is out. I don’t see anything attractive except for Choice packages which will be available on April 3rd. I honestly think these will go very fast, so I suggest, you set up an email reminder. I will not be buying because I don’t have any immediate plans for Choice points.
I did put together a post last year on why it can be a smokin’ deal for some. Few hotels have changed categories, and you no longer get a discount by using Amex card. For example, Comfort Suites Paradise Island now costs 35,000 points instead of 25,000 points, so it’s not that great of a deal. Otherwise, all info in that post still applies. Choice has quite a few hotels near Disney, and many cost only 6,000-8,000 points per night.
I saw a hotel mentioned on Travel is Free It’s Clarion Hotel Roatan, Honduras All suites are oceanview, and the place costs only 6,000 points per night. This is a ridiculous bargain! Getting here is a bit tricky, but United has non-stop flights from Houston.
I would only participate in this deal if you have immediate plans, since Choice is notorious for raising rates without notice. Keep in mind, you can only book 30 days ahead in US, 60 days for international locations.
3. You may be able to apply for Chase Southwest Business card that comes with 60,000 points’ bonus. It’s supposed to be targeted, but some are having success applying by phone. Details here
4. According to several blogs, many British Airways Avios accounts have been hacked and mileage balances were drained. My mother-in-law’s was fine. I currently have 250 Avios, so didn’t even bother looking, to be honest. Check yours just in case and call 1-800-452-1201 if you need to make an immediate booking and you account was hacked. BA is working on resolving this issue.
5. Originally, this was supposed to be the last day to apply for 70,000 points offer on Chase IHG Rewards Visa. It pays me referral. It looks like the offer has been extended, though, no exact date is given. As I’ve mentioned before, many have gotten a targeted offer of 80,000+$50 by making a booking on IHG website.
There is also an offer that comes with 72,000 points. Check my list of hotel bonuses or email me if you have any questions. This is one of my favorite cards, but make sure that you are OK with your card renewing at this point each and every year. That’s because you get a free night certificate (valid anywhere in IHG chain) on your anniversary.
7. Most links for US Airways card have died at this point. My referral link is still working, but I don’t know for how long. See my page “Best credit card deals for family.” Last call, y’all! It rhymes.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.