1. Before February 15th, you can get a 35% bonus on transfers to Virgin America from Membership Rewards. Read this post on instances where it could make sense to go for it.
2. According to Milevalue blog, Chase is considering increasing the annual fee on Chase Ink Plus from $95 to $150. This card currently comes with 50,000 points bonus and pays me referral.
You may be able to get an offer of 70,000 points inside a branch, so check there first. Few months ago, the official offer was increased as well. Personally, I would hold out for this offer even if it means paying a higher annual fee.
3. I’ve sent a Tweet about this, but in case you’ve missed it: Check you Amex “Offers for you.” Some have been targeted for $25 off $100 online purchase at Staples. Gift cards (including Visa) reportedly qualify, though YMMV
4. Virgin Atlantic frequent flyer program is now one of Citi transfer partners. Folks love to hate on it, but it could make sense for outbound flights to London, since award taxes are fairly reasonable.
I hope to take advantage of it for our Orlando-London flight in a few years. You can only transfer Thank You points via eligible cards like Citi Thank You Premier Visa and Citi Prestige. (h/t View from the wing)
5. May no longer be available, but The Flight Deal reported $404 roundtrip fare between New York and Milan, as long as you book for 2 passengers. Good for flights through May.
6. William at Doctor of Credit has come up with a neat idea of putting a list of the most underrated credit cards. Many bloggers were asked to chime in, including yours truly. It’s quite interesting, so check it out. Spoiler alert. My pick was Sam’s Club MasterCard. Which card would you put on the list?
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.