1. An update: there is no official ending date for application (not referral) at this time.
Last day to refer a friend for an increased offer on Chase Ink Plus or get it yourself if you choose to do so. I’ve written my take on this matter, so it’s up to you. Plus version pays me commission, Bold does not. If you can find a way to apply for the latter online or in-branch, I would do that.
2. Last reminder on completing your Amazon payments before October 12th. The clock is ticking.
3. Through October 16th, get bonus AAdvantage miles, depending on how much you spend through their shopping portal. (H/T Pointswithacrew)
4. Staples will offer a $20 rebate (in the form of a Visa gift card) for purchasing $300 or more worth of MasterCard gift cards. Valid from 10/12 through 10/18. Hat tip to Frequent Miler.
5. I got an interesting tip from my reader Chris L. If an online store doesn’t accept Amex card, see if you can link it to Paypal. If Paypal is accepted, you are all set, and will still have the purchase protection. Here are directions on how to add your card to your Paypal profile.
6. Get 1,750 AAdvantage miles on one Best Western stay before December 31st. Hat tip to Loyalty lobby.
7. Something weird was going on with my blog. Five of my posts have vanished from the main page, but we got it fixed. You can make sure that you don’t miss any of my posts by subscribing to the blog.
In fact, let me sweeten the deal and give away $25 Amazon gift card to one of my subscribers. Last chance to subscribe and be eligible for a prize is Tuesday October 14th at 9 PM Eastern.
Oh, and sorry again about the whole debacle with my affiliate link. As I wrote on Wednesday, the rep told me that there was a mistake. They will issue me a new link after 10 AM today. Business as usual…for now.
On my mind
If you are in a mood for wacky/brilliant, I recommend you check out Marathon Man’s song remakes dedicated to MS. I’m sure it’s a therapy of sorts for him, to help deal with all the latest setbacks. I had no clue he is so in tune with pop culture. I guess he needs something to entertain him while driving from store to store liquidating gift cards. Weird Al Yankovic? Pfft, child’s play.
Anyway, I was so inspired by him, I decided to do my own remake. It’s totally silly and humorous, so take it as such. I’m not angry, y’all!
Momster (it’s like the clean version of “Monster” by Eminem, with a “momma” spin)
You won’t see this Momster in Singapore bed
I’d rather fly 4 to Hawaii instead
I’ll never renew Chase Sapphire Preferred
And you think I’m crazy? Yeah, you think my crazy?
Well, that’s absurd!
Uh-oh, uh-oh, bwa-ha-ha-ha
I wanted the views, but not the trolling from losers
Oh well, guess, beggars can’t be choosey
Wanted to receive attention for my musings
Wanted to be left alone, bloggers, excuse me
For wanting my cake, and eat it too, and wanting it both ways
Commission made me a balloon cause my ego inflated…
But hey, I’m promoting Ink Bold, not the Plus, so don’t hate me
Won’t hit the lottery there, oh wee.
(Rihanna comes in again with Momster jingle)
No, I ain’t much of a poet, but it looks like I should
Try to seize the moment and not squander it
Cause you never know if commission could be gone tomorrow (yep)
So much in this industry is all about conjuring.
Hmm, I wonder where all these non-paying offers spawn from.
Evil voice in the background sings:
Yeah, ponder it, do you want this?
You’ll end up losing your link, if you don’t fleece
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site.
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.