1) Update: The link is dead.
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa Plus that comes with 50,000 points sign-up bonus is still available. Check my “Best deals” page. Always look there for the updated info.
2) I’ve seen it mentioned in the comments section of this FTG post. You can buy Disney tickets for as low as $71 per day if you get a 10-day pass. You have to select a non-expiring version. Could be better than a CD if you are a Disney lover, with the way the rates have been climbing for the parks’ admission. Obviously, it’s a ton of money, but could appeal to some. More info HERE
3) I saw a new site mentioned on The Deal Mommy blog. It’s called Rome2Rio and it lists all available options for getting from A to B, including trains, planes and buses. Very handy for Europe travel.
4) Through July 19th, get a $20 Staples gift card rebate with $300 or more MasterCard purchase. Hat tip to Frequent Miler
5) Final update on my Wells Fargo Propel card: Approved! Oh my, what I had to go through to get it. I had to fax my tax returns twice, because the first one didn’t have the Schedule C for my blog. So, the good news is : You can get approved with very little income, as long as your spouse has a decent salary. The bad news: Be prepared to deal with some serious nuisance.
7) Citi Executive card offer for 100K miles seems to be dead again, after being revived for 2 days. Follow this thread for the latest info.
8) Thanks to all who commented on my 1-year anniversary post. The winner of my Amazon gift card (chosen randomly) was reader BB. I have already contacted him and delivered the “goods and services.”
And I do mean services, because he also got a free side benefit of planning award flights to Hawaii in August, which I was happy to help him with. He said in an email that he would love to have me as his neighbor, so we could talk for hours about miles and points. I’m sure, our respective spouses would appreciate that!
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book on Amazon
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.