1) Marriott announces changes in hotel categories. You have to book by April 8th. Read more HERE
2) Join Delta Skymiles program and get free 1000 miles (sky pesos) HERE ( H/T View from the wing)
3) Via Big Habitat, buy $300 in MasterCards this week, get $20 Staples gift card. YMMV, so check your local store.
4) Don’t forget to use your Southwest Rapid Rewards points before March 31st, to beat devaluation.
5) New IHG PointBreaks list preview should be posted today. Look for the announcement HERE
6) I added the option of video ads to my blog. It won’t make me much money, but every little bit counts. I don’t necessarily endorse any of the products, as I have no control over what ads are displayed. If you find any ad offensive, please let me know.
2010, Fort Myers beach, Florida
This was actually supposed to be a trip to St. Lucia, much more exotic locale. However, I got pregnant with my second child and decided to cancel. So, instead we booked 5 nights at Pink Shell resort located in Fort Myers beach.
I highly recommend this place if you have small kids. The beach isn’t great, so don’t be fooled by the photos of white sand on the resort’s website. The water is kind of murky and rough. However, the resort makes up for it with its many activities for kids. It has zero entry pool ( a wonderful thing for toddlers), sprinkler area and even a little waterfall.
There is a kid’s club on-site, though I think it’s mainly for older children. The resort also has it’s own restaurant with fairly reasonable prices, at least when we were there. That made it very convenient for us, since we din’t have to drive anywhere. The prices for rooms are usually lowest May-November, excluding holidays. We paid $109 per night, plus $30 per night to upgrade to 1- bedroom ocean view suite. Good times!
On my mind.
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you guys for being my readers. It means so much that you take the time out of your busy day to come to my quirky blog. I am not the best, the brightest or the coolest blogger in the industry. And I’m probably the least IT savvy. Yet you come here anyway.
I have said before that I absolutely don’t expect you to use my links. Of course, I respond to incentives and hope people will apply. But I don’t feel like you owe me anything. My goal is to benefit and inspire readers in a small way. When I lost all the links aside from Barclay’s, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won’t make much money from now on. After all, everyone and their pet in this hobby has Arrival by now and good luck getting approved for other Barclaycards!
Yet, only a few days later someone applied and got approved for it using my link. I hope it doesn’t sound corny, but I feel honored when you guys choose to apply through my site. It means so much to me and not just the money part. It tells me that I’m doing a good job, at least in one person’s opinion. Also, thanks to those who already used my Amazon link!
I don’t have a huge amount of readers and my blog is not a runaway success. But it’s good enough for at least a few. And that’s good enough for me.
Leana is the founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.