This is a news recap from last week, tailored to an average family. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) Thanks to my contributor Nancy for Facebook update on the fact that Southwest schedule is now open through April 24th. Book your Spring Break tickets now!
2) It appears that 50K points’ zombie link for Citi Prestige card is dead for realz. The best available offer now is 40K points after spending $4,000 in 3 months. Still worth it? The answer is always Yes for cards that pay me commission. 🙂
3) A great new offer for Amex Blue Cash Preferred. You’ll get $250+5% on travel purchases. This is the best offer I’ve ever seen on this particular product, so if you’ve been thinking about getting it, now is the time. Amex BCP is one of the best “keeper” cards for a middle-class family. For now, this offer doesn’t pay me commission. Details here
4) I’ve mentioned it yesterday, but in case you’ve missed it: SPG is giving a 20% bonus on transfers to AAdvantage through September 14th.
5) US Bank has brought back Olympics promo for its US Bank Flexperks card. This is actually a pretty big deal, and I will have another post on it once we know the medal count. Read details here
6) I’m not sure if this is only valid in IKEA Tampa, but here is an email I just got:
“Dine in our Restaurant and we’ll deduct your Restaurant total from any home furnishings purchase over $100!*
How it works: 1. Purchase your meal in our Restaurant. 2. Receive a coupon with your receipt. 3. Present IKEA FAMILY Card to store cashier 4. Give your coupon and receipt to the Check-outs cashier and receive the total amount of your meal (before tax) deducted from your purchase of over $100. Offer valid August 6th-7th, 2016 at IKEA Tampa” More details here
Check your store and see if it has a similar offer. A great deal if you need to buy a few things anyway. Bring some friends and get $100 worth of food for free. Boom!
7) Potential free airline lounge pass as long as you book it within 21 days. Thanks to Doctorofcredit for writing about it.
8) A good article on Oren’s Money Saver blog breaking down various retirement accounts. I recommend getting an IRA at Vanguard and setting up automatic transfer from your checking account each month.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.