This is a news recap from last week, tailored to an average family. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) New IHG PointBreaks list is out. If you are interested in a specific property, don’t delay booking it. Three out of five hotels I’ve mentioned in my post were gone within 24 hours.
I’m sure it’s correlation and not causation, my blog isn’t THAT popular. My point is, this promotion has gone mainstream, so you need to always be an early bird in order to get the “worm.”
2) The direct link for 50,000 points’ bonus on Citi Prestige is still alive. It could literally die today, so if you’ve been thinking about applying, please, don’t delay. It doesn’t pay me commission, so there is zero incentive for me to say this.
In related news, Doctorofcredit guys have reached out to Citi and were able to confirm that as long as you apply before September 1st, you’ll get all the existing benefits, including the ability to redeem points on AA flights at 1.6 cents apiece. See all the details in this post.
3) The $200 sign-up bonus on BankAmericard Cash Rewards MLB MasterCard is back. Nothing to write home about, but if you are running out of cards to apply, it’s something to keep in mind. As of now, BoA cards are churnable. Post with all the details on Dannythedealguru.
4) If you are thinking about applying for one of Chase cards, you might want to hold off till August 21st. Reportedly, there will be another fancy card coming our way, meant to compete with Amex Platinum.
Of course, the main draw is the sign-up bonus, which ( reportedly) will be 100K UR points. Unfortunately, it’s very likely that this card will be subject to 5/24 rule, so most of us won’t be able to get it. Details here
5) I got this email from iConsumer shopping portal:” Everytime somebody you recruit becomes an iConsumer member / shareholder and tries us out by making at least one purchase, you’ll get $10, plus 100 more shares. Your recruit also gets 100 shares, and some great deals. From July 24, 2016 through and including July 31, 2016. Central Standard Time.”
If you have an account, might as well refer someone. If you don’t, here is my referral link. Be aware, I’m still waiting on my cash back payout from few months ago. The jury is still out on whether this new shopping portal will have staying power.
6) Should you avoid pooling ThankYou accounts? by Frequent Miler. If you have both Citi Thank You Premier and Citi Prestige, make sure to read this post.
7) Tips for picking the right Disney resort for your family. I meant to link to this post a few weeks ago, but forgot. Good stuff!
8) I hope you’ll be able to participate in the upcoming Twitter party on August 1st at 9 PM Eastern. The theme is “Family travel using points and miles.” Lots of experts, so I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up some cool tips. Check out all the details on TravelingMom website.
Oh, and don’t forget to join me on Twitter so you can follow my related tweets with a hashtag #TMOM (if I can make it, that is). I’m not on the panel of experts, but it looks like they have a very nice group.
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my free e-book
Leana is the owner and founder of Miles For Family. She enjoys beach vacations and visiting her family in Europe. Originally from Belarus, Leana resides in central Florida with her husband and two children.